Catford, St Andrew's Church WW1 & WW2 War Memorial Cross
St Andrew's Church WW1 War Memorial Cross, Catford

St Andrew Church
Sandhurst Road
Catford SE6 1XD

UKNIWM: 12306

OS Map Ref: TQ 380 730

Map: Memorials of Lewisham Map

Type: Cross

Description: Stone cross with standing stone on either side with names inscribed

On the rectangular Plaque:
To The Glory Of God
In Memory Of The Brave Men
Of This Parish Of St Andrew
Who Died For Their Country
In The Great War
Dedicated By The Bishop of Woolwich July 15th 1947

On the Centre Stone:
The World War
1939 -1945

19 March 1921 by the Bishop of Woolwich and also 15 July 1947.

War Commemorated: First World War & Second World War

Press: Kentish Mercury, March 24 1921, Borough News, 9 February 1921, 9 March 1921, 23 March 1921

Names: Click here for Names on this memorial
Note the names marked with * do not appear on the memorial stones, but are included on the WW1 Roll of Honour within the church.

Note The church stands on the corner of Sandhurst Road and Torridon Road.

Do you have more information on people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.


by Local History and Archives Centre, Lewisham and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License