New Cross, Goldsmiths College Plaque

Goldsmiths College
Lewisham Way
New Cross SE14 6NW
Removed c.2015

UKNIWM: 12129

OS Map Ref: TQ380 750

Map: Memorials of Lewisham Map

Type: Plaque commemorating the restoration of Goldsmiths College after the Second World War rather than a war memorial, but it is listed here for reference as it was previously included on the UKNIWM.

Description: Cement Plaque 1M x 2M it was set between two brick pillars by entrance gate, but has since been removed.

Goldsmiths College
Suffered Severe Damage By Enemy Action During The Years 1940-1945
It Was Sustained During Its War-Time Exile At Nottingham By
Arthur Edis Dean, C.B.E. M.A. M. Litt. Warden From 1927 To 1950
Who Initiated And Directed Its Restoration At The End Of The War

Wars Commemorated: Second World War

Ceremonies: Unveiled 15 May 1947. Formal re-opening of college after war-time damage 23 May 1947

Names: No Names Given

Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.


by Local History and Archives Centre, Lewisham and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License