London Ambulance Service Museum
Aldborough Road South
Museum is now closed and exhibits are in storage, with no public access 
UKNIWM Ref: 44072
OS Map Ref: TQ 450 870
Type: Plaster Sculpture
A relief sculptured by Station Officer D. M. Thorpe of the London Auxiliary Ambulance Service 25 August 1941 featuring 9 ambulance service personnel wearing helmets and overalls including stretcher bearers (left) and a nurse with bag (right), an L.C.C. ambulance with driver is in the background
Wars Commemorated: Second World War:
Note: The sculpture was originally held at Deptford Ambulance Station until it was demolished; the sculpture was rescued from a builders skip and donated to the museum.
The museum was founded in 1989 by Terry Spurr MBE who also curates the collection. The museum collection includes artefacts & vehicles of late 19th C. to present day and wartime uniforms & memorabilia.
Names: None Given
Do you have more information on people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.