370 Lee High Road
Lee SE12 8RS
Now a New Testament Church of God
Type: Church furnishing and Tablet
Description: Church organ with a brass tablet fixed to it.
Inscription: "This organ was erected to the Glory of God and in memory of Charles E. Fysh D.S.O., M.C., Herbert Morse, Ernest W.Hunter, Arthur E. Watkins, who fell in the Great War, 1914—1919."
Wars Commemorated: First World War
The tablet was unveiled on Sunday afternoon, June 11 1922 by Lieutenant-Colonel Eric Ball. The Mayor of Lewisham, Councillor C.H. Dodd presided and was supported by the Rev. A. Hancock, Pastor of the Church. Click here for details of the Dedication Service
Press: The Kentish Mercury, June 17 1921 and June 16 1922
Other References: Gregory, R.R.C & Nunn, F.W., The Story of Lee, London, 1923, pp 370-371
Note: The Church was damaged in 1944 and restored 1956 the memorial may have been lost.
Charles E. Fysh D.S.O., M.C.,
Ernest W. Hunter
Arthur E. Watkins
Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.