Lee, Holy Trinity WW1 War Memorial

St Margaret Church
Lee Terrace
Lee SE13 5BT

Note Holy Trinity Church was in Glenton Road, Lee it was in use until 1948 and was demolished in 1960

UKNIWM: 12246

OS Map Ref: TQ380 750

Type: Tablet

Description: The memorial consists of a brass tablet on which are engraved 21 names.

To the Glory of God and in honoured memory of the men of this Church who gave their lives in the Great War.

Wars Commemorated: First World War

The unveiling and dedication of the War Memorial to the men who fell in the war, took place on Sunday evening, November 4, 1923. The ceremony was performed by the Bishop of Woolwich (Dr. Hough) in the presence of a large congregation.

Other References: Gregory, R.R.C & Nunn, F.W. The Story of Lee, London, 1923, p.362.

Black, S. A.
Bowles, G. H.
Bowles, W. H.
Barrow, F.
Duthie, H.
Fry, B. C.
George, E.
Hewitt, L. V.
Hemming, G. F. W.
Johnston, A.
Maybrook, W. R.
Moriarty, J. H.
Marrison, H.
Margoliouth, A.
Noble, J.
Purver, B. A.
Randall, N. H.
Stanley, E. G.
Styles. A. C.
Styles, A. H.
Taylor, W. F.

Do you have more information on people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.


by Local History and Archives Centre, Lewisham and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License