Hither Green, St Andrew Church WW1 and WW2 War Memorials
St Andrew Church WW1 and WW2 War Memorials

Location:
St Andrew Church
Sandhurst Road
Catford SE6 1XD

UKNIWM Ref: 12306

OS Map Ref: TQ 380 730

Type: Cross

Inscription:
On the rectangular Plaque:
To The Glory Of God
And
In Memory Of The Brave Men
Of This Parish Of St Andrew
Who Died For Their Country
In The Great War
1914-1919
Dedicated By The Bishop of Woolwich July 15th 1947

On the Centre Stone:
Also
The World War
Of
1939 -1945

Wars Commemorated: First World War & Second World War

Description: Stone cross with standing stone on either side with names inscribed

Ceremonies:
15 July 1947 by the Bishop of Woolwich.

Press: Kentish Mercury, March 24 1921, Borough News, 9 February 1921, 9 March 1921, 23 March 1921

Names: Click here for Names on this memorial
Note the names marked with * do not appear on the memorial stones.

Note: The church is situated on the corner of Torridon and Sandhurst Roads and is also listed under Catford

Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.

somerights20.gif

by Local History and Archives Centre, Lewisham and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License