Trinity Congregational Church,
Corner of Stanstead Road and Faversham Road
(Demolished in the 1960s, Now a modern United Reform Church)
Type: Stained Glass Window and Tablet
Description: Small stained glass window showing a knightly figure kneeling to receive the crown of victory at the hands of the Saviour. When the church was demolished in the1960s the window was discarded and then rescued from a skip by a family who still own it. The photograph shows the re-framed window now protected by perspex.
Contributed by: Sandra Jackson
Wars Commemorated: First World War:
The unveiling took place on Sunday 14th September 1919. The Pastor, Rev Percival Wheatley, the Rev. J. H. Squires, Forest Hill United Methodist Church and the Rev E.A. Elliott –Burrows of St. John’s Presbyterian Church were in attendance.
Press: The Kentish Mercury, September 19, 1919
Note: At the time of the unveiling of the window the tablet was in hand, but not completed
|A.T. Andrews||C. D, Gray||P. Over|
|V.J. Baker||G. R Hodgkinson||J.G. Rennie|
|R.B. Bennett||J.A. Hunt||J.E. Richardson|
|F. Chaplin||H.J. Bunker||J.G. Richardson|
|J.R. Eburne||F.C. Kessell||J. Saunders|
|H. England||W.E.Kitch||F. Sindall|
|S B Fuller||R.J. Lawrence||D.F. Wood.|
|G.E. Fuller||H.C. Moyce|
|H.E. Funell||S.F. Moyce|
Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.