Warman Sports Trust Club
Barnet Wood Road
UKNIWM Ref: 11027
OS Map Ref: TQ 390 660, moved in 1958 when Catford Ground Sold
Type: Mahogany board with carved inscription at the top and bottom and painted names in the centre section. Names of those who died are in gold lettering and names of those who served are in red lettering.
The memorial hangs in the main hall and lists the 24 names of those who died in the First World War in gold lettering, while a further 98 names are listed as ‘also served’ in red lettering. The red lettering is now faded and difficult to read. The inscription is carved at the top and bottom of the board with the names in the center within a gold cross.
Catford Bridge Football Club
Roll Of Honour
The Names Of Those Members Who Fell In The Service Of
Their Country (…)
God Save The King
The club house was opened on 29th September 1956 by William Warman President of the Catford Bridge RFC who appears to have greatly assisted with the purchase and move from Catford to Hayes. It is now shared by several sporting clubs/sections that together make up the Warman Trust.
Wars Commemorated: First World War:
See Rason, Paul, Bromley War Memorials, Vol 4 Nov 1999 available at Bromley Local Studies Library, Central Library, High Street Bromley
Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.