Brownhill Road Central School
School demolished in 1993, the memorial may have been lost.
Large bronze tablet on an oak base containing the names of one master and thirty-seven old boys who fell. Placed in a frame and fixed under the tablet was the name of Ernest Charles Grace whose name the headmaster had received after the commissioning of the plaque.
"To the glorious memory of a master and the boys of this school who gave their lives in the Great War, 1914 - 1919"
The memorial was dedicated by Canon R.P. Roseveare on Saturday June 11 1921. Mr. R. Jackson, L.C.C chairman of the managers presided.
Press: The Borough News, Wednesday, June 15 1921, The Kentish Mercury June 3 and June 17 1921
|Frank Andrews||Chas. Benj. Jennings||Horace Edward Roper|
|Owen William Apps||Herb. George Lambert||Leslie Victor Shinn|
|Henry Bussey||Wr. Richard Maybrook||Frank Sidnell|
|William Hedley Dean||Stanley Francis Moyce||Frank Ellis Smith|
|Victor Geo. Edmonds||Lewis Frank Stroud|
|Charles Alfred Everett||Stan. Martin Rhoades||Leonard William Taylor|
|Frank Edward Forster||Norman R. Oliver||Percy Wm. Thurston|
|Sid. Vernon Goddard||Francis Perch||Arthur Watkins|
|Leslie Hamlet Gregg||Reg. Chirgwin Potter||John Herbert White|
|George Henry Harrison||Stanley Joseph Purcell||James Stuart Wilson|
|John James Hayward||Fred. Richardson||Louis Foster Brown (Master)|
|Claude Wm. Henderson||Wm Edward Roberts||Ernest Charles Grace|
|Ernest Wm. Howard||Harold Chas. Robertson|
|Placed in a frame and fixed under the tablet was the name of Ernest Charles Grace whose name the headmaster had received after the commissioning of the plaque.|
Do you have more information on the people named on this memorial or the memorial? If so click here to contribute information.